Actions and Detail Panel
Moreton Bay History Seminar - North Lakes
Thu. 11 May 2017, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm AEST
Discover a range of significant events and exciting narratives from the Moreton Bay Region that provide a glimpse of our shared history.
As part of the National Trust sponsored Australian Heritage Festival, this event will feature the following:
- Geoff Ginn explores the life of historian and religious visionary J.S.M. Ward and his role in founding the Abbey Museum.
- Regina Ganter captures the significance of two German Missions at Zion Hill and their influence on the settlement of the Queensland frontier.
- David Jones discusses the famous wrecks and incidents off the Moreton Bay coastline, including the Gayundah, Koopa and Anro Asia.
Places limited. Registration essential.
Access to free events is only one of the benefits of library membership. If you are not already a library member, please join!
- Use the Eventbrite app to store your ticket and add a reminder to your calendar. Having your ticket handy, printed out or on your mobile device helps manage check-in processes efficiently at busy events.
- Please arrive promptly to each event that you have registered to attend.
- Allow plenty of time for travel and parking. You can find information about our library locations, parking and access at www.mbrc.qld.gov.au/librarylocations