The intriguing world of molecular gastronomy will be unmasked in this 3hr hands-on class. Learn fundamental techniques including Spherification, gels and turning unlikely ingredients into soils. You will be expertly guided through each step by chef Danny Russo and chef Brian Steel as you create your own molecular gastronomy wonders.
- Spherified Cocktails (Mojito / Bloody Mary / Mai Tai) - [Sodium alginate / Calcium Lactate Gluconate / Xanthan Gum]
- Seared Scallops with Chorizo soil - [Maltodextrin]
- Transparent & Hot Tomato and Cheese Panna cotta - [Low Acyl Gellan Gum]
- Sweetcorn and Basil Spaghetti with a Rich Crab Sauce [Everything Noodle Mix]
ABOUT THE CHEF:
Danny Russo specialises in Italian cuisine, reworking classic recipes to create a combination of traditional flavours with modern style.
He draws on his childhood in southern Italy and his professional experience in kitchens across Europe, including London, Rome and Marseille.
Danny was awarded both a Chef’s Hat, and ‘Best Formal Italian Restaurant’ in the Restaurant and Catering Association Awards for three consecutive years at L’Unico Restaurant (Balmain, Sydney).
1. Cancellations are not refundable.
2. The Essential Ingredient reserves the right to alter or cancel a class without notice. In the event of a change, you will be contacted on the daytime phone number provided to us at time of booking.
3. Registration is from 30 minutes prior to the class start time.
4. All classes and events require closed-in shoes.
5. We cannot accommodate dietary requirements in all cases. Please contact us prior to booking on 02 9555 8300.