Mindfulness and Mums Workshop is especially for busy mums curious about mindfulness meditation and are committed to 2017 being about balance and flourishing in life and work!
Take some time out just for you in these Small Group Coaching Series that allow you to experience mindfulness and understand why it can be a valuable pathway to reduce stress, be more present for your loved ones and work life.
In a small group coaching learn and practice the foundational attitudes of Mindfulness and discover some effective coaching strategies to navigate the demands of the modern mumma with fresh energy.
Monday Daytime Small Group Coaching Sessions Starting in 2017:
Theme: Mindfulness & Mums
Location: Level 1, 574 Burke Road Camberwell , Victoria.
Limited numbers for small group, morning tea included.
Marion Miller is a mother of four, juggles her own growing business while also being a hands on Mum and is an advocate for working mums. Her Coaching promotes self care, positive narratives, meditation practice to increase resiliency, boost performance while holistically supporting women to flourish in their careers and motherhood.
What are the benefits of Mindfulness?
• Increased feelings of Calm
• Greater Self-Acceptance and Compassion
• Reduced Stress and Anxiety
• Increased feelings of Joy and Happiness
• Boost Confidence
The Mindfulness and Motherhood Workshop Includes:
• Resources for starting a home practice
• Self Care Coaching Strategies
• Morning Tea
• Deduction from 6 Week Mindfulness for Life Course
Includes talks, discussion, meditation practice and a chance to ask questions. Located in Camberwell Junction with easy parking and public transport access for all of Melbourne. These will be offered on Monday mornings throughout the year and have differnt themes.
"This morning we went to a mindfulness session in this beautiful space. I actually feel surprisingly content and at peace.. Perfect way to spend a Saturday morning!" ~ Emily Highfield Editor of STYLEBK
"Thanks so much for an inspiring, mindful, meditative & informative morning at the Mindful over Matter workshop this morning Marion!! Such a professional and obviously experienced presenter – a fantastic way to start the long weekend. I’ll definitely be keeping an eye out for future events!" ~ Ashlee Chatfield Director of Well Life Project.
“My favourite takeaway from the session was ‘doing vs being’ ‘Do-ing referring to doing activities in auto-pilot mode. ‘Be-ing’ referring to being present when we do these activities. Today I choose the latter and now on my journey to being in the present! Thank you for a great workshop!” ~ Harriet Jackson Accountant.
Marion is an experience Mindfulness Teacher, certified Life Coach and mother of four. She has practiced meditation since her early 20s exploring many traditions and teachings. Marion studied at the Life Coaching Institute of Australia and holds a Life Coaching Diploma with a speciality in Health/Wellness and Business and did Meditation teacher Training in 2009 under Matt Young, she is currently enrolled in MTIA studying the Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Training (MBSR) pathway. Marion has an established practice in Camberwell, Melbourne.
Huffington Post on the Science of How Mindfulness Works
In these brain regions, the simple act of practicing mindfulness increased both brain activity and the density of brain tissue:
- The anterior cingulate cortex (ACC), which is responsible for self-control. It enables you to resist distractions, to focus, and to avoid impulsivity in order to work efficiently and make great decisions. The ACC is also responsible for flexibility, and people who have problems in this brain area are known to stick to ineffective problem-solving strategies when they should be adjusting their approach.
- The hippocampus, which, among other things, is responsible for resilience in the face of setbacks and challenges. The hippocampus is readily damaged by stress, making it a need area for most people. The hippocampus is red/orange in the image below.