What will you learn in this course?
This course is designed for people who are using Word extensively at work and require a good level of expertise in producing all kinds of documents and resolving formatting issues. The emphasis is on producing long documents and using the features of Word effectively, including shortcut keys. Touch typing is required at this level.
- understand the importance of using document standards
- create and print letters, envelopes and labels
- use and work with multiple documents at the one time
- format paragraphs
- use a range of formatting techniques to accurately position text
- define and modify lists
- create and apply styles to paragraphs and text
- create and use templates in your documents
- work with various page techniques
- understand and work with section breaks in a document
- create and format columns
- create and modify tables
- insert and work with text boxes
- check the spelling and grammar of a document
- use a range of document proofing features
- create and use AutoText entries
- perform a mail merge from scratch
This course offered as:
Public workshop | One-on-one training | Customised or tailored to your workplace needs for groups of 3 or more employees
Duration: 1 day
Time: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Class size: A minimum of 4 participants are required to run this workshop. Class sizes are kept to a maximum of 8-10 people to allow for individualized attention
Includes: Morning & afternoon tea
Certificate: A Certificate of Attendance is provided upon completion
Assessment: Purchase the Assessment Ticket in addition to the Workshop Ticket if you wish to undertake assessment to gain competence in a Nationally Recognised unit of competency.
IMPORTANT NOTE RE PAYMENT: If you are purchasing on behalf of an organisation and/or your employer prefers to be invoiced for payment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.