What will you learn in this course?
This course is for users with an understanding of how to use a PC and Microsoft Windows, and familiarity with a computer keyboard. You need have no prior knowledge of Excel. It is helpful (but not essential) to have some familiarity with Microsoft Word. The object of the course is to give you the confidence and skills to use Excel in a normal business environment.
- work within the basic Excel environment
- create a new workbook
- understand and work with ranges in a worksheet
- understand, create and work with formulas and functions used to perform calculations
- copy and paste data in Excel
- understand and use formula cell referencing to create more complex formulas
- use font formatting techniques to greatly enhance the look of a worksheet
- understand and use the number formatting features in Excel
- align the contents of cells in a number of ways
- work with various elements of a worksheet
- sort data in a list in a worksheet
- print your workbook data
- apply a variety of page setup techniques
- use a range of find and replace techniques
- make changes to data in a workbook
- create effective charts in Microsoft Excel
- create a range of common charts
- find the information you need in Help
- work comfortably and safely, be assured that you are a responsible environmental citizen, and effectively manage your files and folders
This course offered as: Public workshop | One-on-one training | Customised or tailored to your workplace needs for groups of 3 or more employees
Duration: 1 day
Time: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Class size: A minimum of 4 participants are required to run this workshop. Class sizes are kept to a maximum of 8-10 people to allow for individualized attention
Includes: Morning & afternoon tea
Certificate: A Certificate of Attendance is provided upon completion
Assessment: Purchase the Assessment Ticket in addition to the Workshop Ticket if you wish to undertake assessment to gain competence in a Nationally Recognised unit of competency.
IMPORTANT NOTE RE PAYMENT: If you are purchasing on behalf of an organisation and/or your employer prefers to be invoiced for payment, please contact email@example.com.