MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID 12 HOUR COURSE
Mental health first aid is the help provided to a person who is developing a mental health problem, or who is in a mental health crisis (e.g., the person is suicidal or has had a traumatic experience). Like physical first aid, mental health first aid is given until the person receives professional help or until the crisis resolves.
MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID TRAINING IS AN EVIDENCE-BASED COURSE THAT STARTED IN AUSTRALIA AND HAS EXPANDED INTERNATIONALLY.
What will you learn?
- How to respond to someone experiencing mental health problems
- How to respond in a mental health emergency
- How to respond to suicidal thoughts or behaviours
- Information on depression, anxiety, psychosis and substance use problems
- How to recognise the signs and symptoms
- How to help someone after a traumatic event
- How to support someone having a panic attack
- Support services available
This 12 hour course will run over four Tuesdays in June, 2017 from 6pm to 9pm
Tuesday 6th of June 6pm to 9pm
Tuesday 13th of June 6pm to 9pm
Tuesday 20th of June 6pm to 9pm
Tuesday 27th of June 6pm to 9pm
Location is a short walk from Central Station Sydney
Price includes 12 hour course and a comprehensive manual which includes contact numbers, websites and useful information and guidelines on how to support someone experiencing mental health problems or in crisis. This manual was written by panesl of experts including clinicians, researchers and mental health consumers.