Actions and Detail Panel
Melbourne LIVE 2017
Thu. 15 June 2017, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm AEST
The Melbourne LIVE Tourism Forum returns in 2017 for its second year, bringing the concepts of Leadership, Innovation and the Visitor Experience to the fore once again under the core theme of THINK ABOUT IT.
Tourism is a thriving industry that contributes more than $20 billion to the Victorian economy every year. Our strengths lie in our national parks, arts and culture, dining offering, events and people. However with Melbourne’s rapid population growth (tipped to exceed Sydney’s by 2050) coupled with a forecasted growth in visitor numbers, major infrastructure work and increased pressure on our natural assets, we need to think about the impact of our industry and its sustainability.
This year’s theme urges you to ‘Think About It’:
- Think about how you can become a smart and innovative leader
- Think about the benefits to your bottom line from energy and resource efficiency
- Think about how we can preserve our authentic experiences
- Think about how to develop resilience strategies and sustain growth
- Think about tourism’s impact on our destination and community
Melbourne LIVE will be a fun yet inspiring event that will offer an inspirational line-up of experts and leaders from a range of industries, who will share thought-provoking insights on how we can sustain our industry. Designed to inspire and inform, this forum aims to educate all sectors of the visitor industry, including accommodation providers, attractions, tour operators, local government, event organisers, retailers and restauranteurs.
- Signe Jungersted, from Wonderful Copenhagen, giving a detailed overview of their latest tourism strategy: 'The End of Tourism, as we know it.'
- Dr. Jason Fox providing inspiration on venturing beyond the default in order to become a smart leader
- John Dee giving practical advice on how you can improve your bottom line to deliver more with less
- Marcus Westbury uncovering the advantages of activating heritage buildings to create innovative, unconventional and successful cultural projects.
Other speakers to be revealed soon.
Click here for more information on the program and our guest speakers.
*Click here to see our T&Cs
Thank you to all of our Partners for making Melbourne LIVE 2017 possible.