Spirometry Training Update
For GPs, practice nurses and asthma & respiratory educators who have previously attended a formal spirometry training course.
- Update knowledge and awareness of the role of spirometry in primary care
- Refresh practical skills to recognise and perform high quality spirometry
- Review interpretation and clinical implications of spirometry results, including differential diagnosis
- Update knowledge and awareness of the importance of spirometer quality assurance and its implementation
- Review strategies to incorporate spirometry testing systematically into routine clinical practice
- Reinforce confidence in performing, understanding and implementing spirometry
It is a prerequisite that participants have completed formal training in Spirometry
Participants are invited to bring samples of spirometry results for discussion.
- RACGP: Allocated 5 Category 2 points in the RACGP QI&CPD Program for the 2014–2016 triennium, Activity Number: 1441.
- ACRRM: Accredited by ACRRM as an educational event for 3 core PDP points. Activity code: E1404NASC
- APNA: Participants may be eligible for continuing professional development points.