Actions and Detail Panel
Maurice's Symphony Sunday Screening
Sun. 20 November 2016, 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm ACDT
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
Dr Alex Nakone and Andrei Gostin's latest short film, Maurice’s Symphony is the product of a unique creative partnership between Deaf Can:Do and Can:Do 4Kids.
Inspired by a true story, Dr Nakone and Andrei were compelled to create a film about a young man, Maurice Matters (Brenden Dodds) , a brilliant flute player who is labelled 'deaf and dumb' because he suffers hearing loss from otosclerosis, which it is believed, Beethoven himself may have suffered.
Set in a dilapidated Steampunk world of old buildings, steam powered machinery and odd-ball characters, Maurice’s journey to regain his hearing is both challenging and heart-warming as he comes to terms with a life filled with the possibility of love, joy and independence.
The ensemble cast is made up of actors both with and without disabilities and features The Voice finalist and Can:Do 4Kids friend Rachael Leahcar, members from No Strings Attached Theatre of Disability and Adelaide’s own Tutti Ensemble. South Australian born Nicholas Hope (Bad Boy Bubby, Gallipoli) stars in this short film as Mr Gordon Ferk, the cantankerous foreman of the factory where Maurice suffers an industrial accident and ends up in hospital.
The Sunday Screening also includes the short film The Making of Maurice's Symphony and a Q&A with the filmmakers and some of the talented cast.
The film will be captioned and an interpreter provided and a limited number of hearing loops available. Please contact the organisers if you need to book a hearing loop on the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lucky door prize from The Pawn Wine.Co drawn on the day.
We encourage everyone attending this screening to make a gold coin donation to Deaf Can: Do and Can Do:4kids. We will have collection tins available on the day.
Terms and Conditons (please read)
Refunds, exchanges and replacements
1. Alex Nakone Films Pty Ltd will only offer a refund or exchange of a ticket if an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated (and you cannot or do not wish to attend the rescheduled or relocated event), or to the extent otherwise required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law). You must apply for a refund within a reasonable time. Alex Nakone Films Pty Ltd does not offer refunds or exchanges as a result of a change in your personal circumstances.
2. If an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated, all liability is limited to the amount for which the ticket was purchased (including any fees or charges). Proof of purchase may be required for any refund or exchange. Unless required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), Alex Nakone Films Pty Ltd will not be liable for any other losses incurred by you as a result of the cancellation, rescheduling or relocation of an event, including any travel and accommodation expenses.
3. Alex Nakone Films Pty Ltd will only replace lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed tickets if the authenticity of the ticket can be verified, including proof of purchase, and if you give reasonable notice before the event.
Variations to performances or events
4. Alex Nakone Films Pty Ltd reserves the right to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute artists and/or vary advertised programs, prices, venues, seating arrangements (including ticket categories) and audience capacity.
Conditions of entry
5. Admission to an event is subject to the following terms
(a) You may be denied entry into, or removed from, an event where the organiser has reasonable grounds to do so, including if you breach these Terms and Conditions, or you are intoxicated, under the influence of illicit drugs, inappropriately attired or adversely affecting the enjoyment of the event by others.
(b) If you arrive late, you may not be admitted until a suitable break in the event.
(c) You may not be permitted to take into the event, or use, cameras or other photographic or recording equipment (including mobile phones).
Authenticity and validity of tickets
6. Entry to an event may be refused if the authenticity or validity of a ticket is questionable, including because the ticket has been damaged or defaced in any way, or has not been purchased from Eventbrite.