Actions and Detail Panel
Sat. 11 February 2017, 10:30 am – 2:00 pm AEDT
Come on a fermenting adventure with Sammi Zajko. Discover the incredible health benefits, delicious flavour and fun of this traditional craft.
Enjoy a three and a half hour interactive, hands-on workshop that will leave you confident, excited and inspired to ferment at home.
Create and take home:
1 Litre of sauerkraut
1 Litre of lacto-fermented brined vegetables of your choice
Sammi will also demonstrate traditional Korean kimchi, lacto-fermented pickles, whey and labne.
The workshop also includes a range of delicious fermented foods and drinks to taste and a Kombucha SCOBY.
Sammi is a wild and daring Fermentation Revivalist. She is also a workshop facilitator, presenter, nutritional researcher, foodie, wild weed forager and owner at Fermenting Australia. She is based in the beautiful Manning Valley and runs Fermenting Workshops all over NSW.
Sammi has run workshops in NSW since 2013 and has guest presented at a number of high-profile events and expos. She toured QLD with sell-out workshops in 2014.
Sammi is excited to bring her sense of fun and unique, accessible style of fermenting to The Essential Ingredient.
Sammi is mum to her amazing six year old, Jem who is a potent reminder of the importance of high quality, nutrient dense and fermented foods in the family diet. Jem’s favourite fermented food is lacto-fermented pickles and he describes himself as a “cheeky fermenter!” He is also her continued inspiration for living sustainably and treading softly on the Earth. She believes that we have borrowed this Earth from our children and her life and business reflects that philosophy.
1. Cancellations are not refundable.
2. The Essential Ingredient reserves the right to alter or cancel a class without notice. In the event of a change, you will be contacted on the daytime phone number provided to us at time of booking.
3. Registration is from 30 minutes prior to the class start time.
4. All classes and events require closed-in shoes.
5. We cannot accommodate dietary requirements in all cases. Please contact us prior to booking on 02 9555 8300.