San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
Masterclass: Practical Program Evaluation
Duration: 3 days
Price: AUD$2,350 + GST
Gain an understanding of how program evaluation can be gainfully used to improve organisational performance and access to best practice evaluation tools and approaches.
A three-day course for managers and program evaluation practitioners who want to understand and carry out successful evaluations of their programs.
An essential element of good strategy management is the evaluation of programs including strategic initiatives. When carried out well, there are a range of benefits including improvements in initial program design, ongoing identification of areas for program improvement, an assessment of program outcomes and impacts, improved accountability, and an evidence base that can be used to secure program funding.
While there has always been a need for rigorous evaluation of programs and strategic initiatives by organisations across all sectors, this need has become much more apparent over the past few years. This has been most evident in the not-for-profit and public sectors where funding is increasingly tied to the demonstration of outcomes. This Master Class aims to address this growing need by equipping participants to effectively evaluate their own programs, a critical element in effective strategy management.
- An overview of strategy management and the critical role of program evaluation
- What is program evaluation and when should it be undertaken?
- Evaluation planning and design
- Types of evaluation and how to choose the most appropriate approach
- Challenges and risks
- Critical success factors
- Developing an evaluation team
- Identifying and engaging stakeholders
- Identifying primary and secondary evaluation questions
- Developing program logic models
- Ethics considerations
- Evaluation capacity building
- Practical data collection
- Understanding the different types of data that can be used in an evaluation
- Deciding what is the critical data to answer the evaluation questions
- Conducting semi-structured interviews and focus groups
- Developing and conducting surveys
- Documentary analysis
- Developing case studies and the use of stories
- Identifying reliable performance measures
- Quantitative data collection approaches
- Data analysis
- An overview of data analysis
- How to choose the appropriate methodology
- Analysing qualitative data
- Analysing quantitative data
- Statistical analysis
- Cost effectiveness and cost benefit analysis
- Reporting the evaluation results
- Evaluation reporting options
- How to attractively and meaningfully present qualitative and quantitative results
- Development of recommendations
- Communicating the findings
- Using the findings to make a difference
Who Should Attend & Why
Organisational leaders, people involved / to be involved in program evaluation, performance analysts.
Gain the relevant knowledge and practical skills to be able to oversee and implement evidence-based program evaluations.
This masterclass is conducted in an interactive manner with group-based brainstorming and hands-on exercises. Extensive use will be made of case studies and, where appropriate, participant programs.
See our website for more information
Telephone: (+61) 03 96078530.
Save This Event
When & Where
Balanced Scorecard Australia Pty Ltd
Welcome to Balanced Scorecard Australia
BSA is an Australian company providing training, certification and consulting services to commercial, government, and non-profit organisations throughout Australia and South East Asia.
Our goal is to work with clients (small & large), to build a sustainable performance management framework to drive strategy execution and improve organisational performance.
Balanced Scorecard Australia is an affiliate of the US-based Balanced Scorecard Institute.
Whether you need to improve performance, communicate your vision and strategy, or align the work your people do daily with your organisational strategy, we have a dedicated Senior Associate to work with you.
- Balanced Scorecard & Performance Management Systems Development, Implementation & Maintenance
- Strategy Planning & Execution
- Performance Measurement & KPIs
- Certified Balanced Scorecard Training
- Scorecard Software & Automation Advice
- HR Scorecards & Personal Cascading