CPR for General Practitioners and Practice Staff
Presenter: BLS First Aid Training
DRSABCD action plan
Dealing with an unconscious casualty that is breathing normally (recovery position)
Dealing with a casualty that is unconscious and not breathing normally (CPR)
Use of the Defibrillator
CPR on both Adults and infants
Competency requires everyone to:
- Perform CPR on an adult manikin on the floor for at least 2 minutes or 5 cycles of 30 compressions and 2 breaths.
- Perform CPR on an infant manikin on a hard surface for the same amount of time
This activity has been accredited by RACGP QI & CPD program for 5 category 2 points for the 2014-16 triennium.
From January 1, 2016 all attendees of nationally recognised training programs must have a unique student identifier. To obtain a USI visit USI.gov.au and click on 'create a USI'. You will need ID such as a drivers licence or Medicare card. Please bring your USI number along to CPR training.
Save This Event
When & Where
Central Queensland, Wide Bay, Sunshine Coast PHN
Central Queensland, Wide Bay, Sunshine Coast PHN is a not for profit organisation which coordinates primary and preventive health care for a region of 161,000km², with a population of 823,985 people, stretching from Glasshouse to north of Yeppoon and west of Emerald. It is one of 31 Commonwealth-funded PHNs nationwide.
What we do:
- Coordinate primary health services to meet the needs of our communities, particularly those with high health needs
- Improve the patient journey between primary and acute care
- Support general practice
- Improve access to health services, especially for people in remote areas
- Ease pressure on hospitals.