Actions and Detail Panel
Manly Library Artists' Book Award 2017 - Applicant Entry
Mon., 29/08/2016, 8:00 am – Fri., 10/02/2017, 5:00 pm AEST
Any artists’ book created within the past two years is eligible for entry to the Manly Library Artists’ Book Award 2017.
The award is acquisitive. Works will be selected and judged by Ben Rak and Dr Michael Hedger.
Ben Rak is an artist and independent curator holding a BFA in printmaking and a MFA from the UNSW Art & Design. He is co-founder and director of Throwdown Press, lectures at the University of New South Wales Art & Design, and whose work explores the relationships between cultural symbols and consumer culture.
Dr Michael Hedger is the Director Manly Art Gallery and Museum. Dr Hedger has long been an arts advocate, with previous incarnations as Director of the Campbelltown Arts Centre, Education Officer at the Newcastle Region Art and, art critic for The Newcastle Herald. He has a PhD from the UNSW Art & Design with a thesis on Land Art in the United States.
- Closing date for entry: 5pm Friday 10 February 2017
- Successful entrants notified by: 5pm Friday 24 February 2017
- Selected works to be received between: Monday 27 February and Friday 17 March 2017
- Opening & announcement of acquisitions: 6.00pm Thursday 30 March 2017 at Warringah Art Space 105 Abbott Rd, North Curl Curl NSW
- Exhibition dates: Friday 31 March to Sunday 2 April, followed by a travelling exhibition of acquired works to Northern Beaches Council Libraries
- Works to be collected from Manly Library or returned as instructed: between Tuesday 4 April Friday 28 April [excluding Public Holidays]
How to Enter
- Click on REGISTER at the top right hand corner of this page
- Then click CHECKOUT
- Complete the entry form - please note you will need to submit an Artists' Statement for the submitted entry (up to 250 words only)
- Cost of entry is $35.00 AUD (GST inclusive) per entry and is non-refundable.
- Once you have submitted the entry form you will be sent an email requesting image(s) of the submitted work. The images must be jpegs smaller than 15cmx15cm at a minimum of 150dpi. A minimum of 1 image is required and up to 5 images can be submitted. Images must be labelled by: SURNAME_FIRSTNAME_TITLE
- Entries that do not have accompanying images will not be considered.
For further information, contact Wendy Ford: Wendy.Ford@northernbeaches.nsw.gov.au 02 9976 1729
Manly Library, Market Place, MANLY NSW 2095 www.manly.nsw.gov.au/library
The above image was taken from Bronwyn Rees’ "Country", acquired as a part of the Manly Library Artists' Book Award in 2015.