Manipulating Fabric to Your Advantage + Selfies are Us
Join AICI Sydney at our last Education day for 2016, with two different clothing based workshops by Anne and Bruce Whalley. Learn to manipulate fabric to your client’s advantage, and harness the power of taking awesome outfit selfies for self promotion, and to teach to your clients.
Manipulating Fabric to Your Advantage as an Image Consultant
Anne Whalley - The Pattern Whisperer - will share her expert knowledge of fabrics with you. This workshop will give you expertise to advise your clients in why all the characteristic of fabric contribute to a successful garment, or not.
Throughout this workshop you’ll:
- discover how fabrics work to bring out the best (or worst) in your clients.
- learn to recognise and test natural, man-made and synthetic fabricswith confidence by feel and flame!
- try on different garments to appreciate the power of fabric choice in clothing.
Anne Whalley is a Personal Stylist & International Motivational Speaker who helps people dress to express themselves. She has a lifetime passion for fabric, especially fabrics with drape and print, is an avid sewer, and has been fashion styling all her adult life. Anne began her formal fashion training in her twenties, and is known in the International sewing community as "The Pattern Whisperer.” Her followers on Instagram and Facebook followed Anne’s recent tour of England and Wales where she promoted the London Knitting & Stitching Show. Anne was Vice President of AICI Melbourne Chapter 2015-2016, and can be found on YouTube.
Selfies are Us
Bruce Whalley will demystify the art of visual media marketing and provide a new take on the art of exceptional selfies.
To stand out in marketing you need clear messaging, to be entertaining, and ultimately, convert browsers into clients. Never before has marketing been so cheap and accessible with social media. The power of photography is key to harnessing these portals to potential clients. Conveying your message with the visual image is both simple and complex.
In this workshop you’ll master the art of selfies - whether to generate your own promotional material, capture outfit ideas, or to teach your clients.
Bruce Whalley is often the man behind Anne Whalley’s images. He is a lifelong photographer in both commercial and amateur environments, a qualified workplace trainer, and lecturer. Bruce lectures at Melbourne University, Monash University and Box Hill Institute. Bruce is also Melbourne’s happiest tram driver. Bruce has experience in marketing with a number of national & international companies, and through his own national marketing company. He has consulted in corporate communications and marketing to local, state & federal government organisations, and with small to middle size companies.
Prepare for a day of fabric fondling, fun, shameless selfies and smiles ~ All for less than the cost of a hair appointment.
What to Bring:
- Wear or bring an underdress, slip, or leggings and tank top in same colour, for trying on clothes.
- Apparatus to take photos with - a Camera, smart phone, tablet. If you have these: selfie stick, remote control, mini tripod, etc.
- Your internet access device - mobile hotspot, dongle, (there is no fixed WiFi at our venue) to access some simple social media tools via your smartphone or tablet.
There will be food:
- Morning, afternoon tea and lunch are provided. We aim for vegetarian and gluten free options.
- If you have more specific dietary requirements, feel free to BYO food