Actions and Detail Panel
Managing Volunteers Part 1 - NFP Law & Metro Assist August 2017
Tue. 29 August 2017, 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm AEST
- the legal differences between a volunteer, an employee and an independent contractor
- volunteer insurance
- the volunteer selection process and equal opportunity laws
- screening and background checks
- how to meet the ‘duty of care’ your organisation owes to volunteers
- an organisation’s legal responsibility for the actions of its volunteers
- reimbursing or paying volunteers
- volunteers’ personal information and privacy
- reviewing volunteer performance and having difficult conversations
- ending the volunteer relationship
- recent developments in volunteer case law
This session will be split over two days: Tuesday 29 August and Thursday 31 August We recommend you attend both Part 1 and Part 2 to gain a full understanding of the topic.
Supported by the City of Canterbury Bankstown and funded by the NSW Government through the Stronger Communities Fund.