Actions and Detail Panel
Managing Unplanned Absences
Tue. 8 August 2017, 11:30 am – 1:30 pm AEST
Employee absence can have a major impact on your organisation including a decrease in productivity, an impact of goods and services, excess manager time, safety issues with inadequately trained employees and poor morale amongst employees. Ultimately this results in a poor experience for the end user.
To support managers in promoting a high performing team, strategies and guidelines which support getting back to work are pivotal in addressing absence management. This workshop aims to promote an understanding of a managers rights and obligations in getting employees back to work safely, which inevitably leads to a more collaborative approach to your employees' needs.
The aims of this workshop is to familiarise Supervisors, Team Leaders and Managers with:
- Promote the benefits of improving employee attendance
- Manage the role as a leader with respect to employee absence management
- Highlight expectations of employees in managing leave
- Promote strategies to support attendance and minimise absenteeism
- Promote reasonable adjustments for returning to work and supporting employee wellbeing