Actions and Detail Panel
Local Govt Forum: Preventing DFV focusing on Community based strategies
Mon. 5 December 2016, 9:30 am – 3:30 pm AEDT
Learning Forum and Networking for Local Government: Preventing Domestic and Family Violence Focusing on Community based strategies (information, education/learning, action based)
Workshops and Discussion will cover:
• How do we engage different and diverse communities?
• Responding to power/ ownership between stakeholders in our communities
• What needs to be included in community based prevention program?
• Why address inequality (particularly gender inequality) and how do we do this?
• Making sure our community based strategies engage groups that face multiple layers of exclusion - those with disabilities; LGBTQI; Aboriginal and Torreso Strait Islander people;
• Why work with (very) 'unlikely' partners (P&Cs community based sports teams; Scouts and Girl Guides etc)? and what do we need to do differently to be relevant and useful for them?
Speakers (who will share their learnings) and discussion 'starters' will include: Claudia Guajardo (Fairfield City); Renee Oxford (Canterbury Bankstown); Merryn Howell (Cumberland); Maggie Kyle (City of Parramatta)
Local Government NSW consultation - Liz Gemes, Senior Policy Officer: What do local government officers working in this space need to support our work?
Women NSW Information Session - Luke McCaskie, Senior Policy Officer: The new prevention framework and funding framework: Blueprint for Reform- Safer Lives for Women, Men and Children