LIVIN with Chin Up for Charity
The community is coming together to end the stigma against mental health and spread the message #ITAINTWEAKTOSPEAK. #LIVIN® (Top Livin ABN 46 600 787 513) is a registered charity, not-for-profit organisation that was founded to wipe out the stigma associated with mental illness and raise awareness for suicide prevention. LIVIN use apparel, mainstream media and profiles to make this change and get people talking about mental health.
On Sunday the 22nd January 2017, from 7:00am to 1:00pm at World Gym Surfers Paradise, Chris Borgese will be attempting a World Record for the most amount of pull ups in 6 hours to raise awareness for LIVIN. The current record is 3515 repetitions. The event is named #CHINUPFORCHARITY.
Chris is the Director of Team Building Company - City Adventures. He says, “As a Gold Coast Team Building Company, we must play our role in the community and LIVIN is very much apart of that. This is not about any one individual achieving a world record. This is about a community coming together and doing something special. One person can make a difference, but as a community we can make a change. We want to help share the message “It Ain’t Weak to Speak” and end the stigma surrounding mental health issues such as Bipolar, Depression and Anxiety”.
Chris will be holding free group sessions by appointment at World Gym Surfers Paradise for those looking to get their mind and body back in shape. “The mind, body and soul are all connected. It doesn’t matter if you’re big, small, young or old. This is my chance to give back to the community. If I can inspire others to jump out of bed every morning and fulfill their purpose, that’s exactly what I will do”.
You can help support LIVIN and Chin Up For Charity in the following ways:
* Register interest in attending the Event on the Chin Up for Charity Facebook page
* Share content with your friends and business network
* Apply for a free mental health educational program at your place of work or purchase apparel (http://livin.org.au/#)
* Make a donation to LIVIN through Chin Up For Charity - http://www.cityadventures.com.au/chin-up-for-charity/
* Take a picture of you doing a pull up and share on social media with the hashtag #CHINUPFORCHARITY #LIVIN #ITAINTWEAKTOSPEAK
* Volunteer your knowledge and experience and identify ways we can make this an amazing community event by contacting Team Building Company, City Adventures - email@example.com