All are welcome to come along!
Want to try fishing, but not sure where to start?
If you haven’t had a go at fishing, now is a great time to put a line in the water. Let our coaches give you a jump start to enjoying a great sport in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
This event is designed for any adult wanting to learn the basics of fishing with their kids.
The costs are $24 per person, 14 and under are free (up to 2 for each paying adult). We will contact you shortly after your purchase to confirm details.
What you’ll get out from our experienced fishing coaches:
- A briefing on safe and sustainable fishing practices
- The basics of the equipment and tackle you’ll need
- A simple and easy way to set up and tie your line
- How to cast, and where to cast
- Practice your fishing with support and advice
- Advice on places to fish on the shore near the Sandgate area
What you’ll need to bring:
- Hat and sunscreen, consider a long sleeve shirt
- Your Rod and Reel, with line already on reel - (Please see note below if you don’t have one)
- Sunglasses optional, polarised are best
- Sensible footwear
What we supply:
- Tackle (Hooks, Sinkers, swivels)
Places are limited.
Please note: If you are booked in and require assistance with purchasing rods and reels, please contact me. I can provide guidance on what to buy, or you can purchase a starter setup from me at competitive price.
Additionally, due to weather, location or date may change, if this occurs, you will be notified 3 days in advance, options will be provided.