San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
Governance Essentials Training for NFP's
About this Workshop
Projects in the not for profit sector can be challenging with limited budgets, answering to Boards and managing volunteering staff who want to help but may not be well versed in working in project teams. As such, planning and preparation become essential, and managing, juggling and using alternative resources and solutions becomes imbedded into your everyday activities to achieve great results which are on time and within the estimated budget. This session will provide you with the tools to help throughout the life cycle of the project and how to demonstrate and measure the impact your project has had within the community.
What you will learn
Following the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the challenges involved in managing project the not for profit sector
- Set the project in the context of your organisations mission and objectives
- Understand the life cycle of a project
- Understand the principles involved with managing and leading projects
- Draw up the budget and manage the finances
- Complete a risk management plan
- Provide your team with the guidance on how to perform tasks effectively together
- Keep the project on track and maintain team momentum
- Achieve the outlined goals
- Monitor the project and provide the board with status updates
- Close the poject
- Evaluate the impact of the project and be able to effectively communicate the results
This program is a practical, informative, comprehensive, fun and effective for all members of the board. It is customised with the outcome framework, which guides and prioritises the work plan for the board to achieve best practice governance. Good goverenance and not-so-good goverannce examples will guide the learning in conjunction wit hhandouts and particpants will be provided with a checklist for assess the boards knowledge of governance.
Who should attend?
Board members, Treasurers, Managers and Leaders from non-profit organisations.
Date: Friday 2 December, 2016
Time: 9.30am - 4.30pm
Location: Level 9, 313 La Trobe St, Melbourne VIC 3000
Save This Event
When & Where
Non Profit Training
Non Profit Training is an Australian business with education professionals who have been managing, leading and providing training services for non profit organisations for over 15 years. Our tailored training and support services will challenge and motivate management, community members and boards to rethink their current strategies to improve an organisation's overall performance.
By working with your committee board or management team, our services provide customised support which is geared to the environment you work in whether it be arts, sport, health, community or other non profit organisations. Our service include:
- - Governance Training
- - Board Training
- - Financial Literacy Training
- - Grant Writing Training
- - Marketing Training
- - Leadership and Communication Training
- - Board and Executive Coaching
- - Surveys and Diagnotic Tools