Help Break a World Record
The Academy Of Interactive Entertainment is attempting to break the Guinness World Records® for “LARGEST CROWD DRESSED AS VIDEO GAME CHARACTERS”. The current record consisted of 425 participants in Wisconsin, USA last year. If you are in Melbourne (Federation Square) on SATURDAY MAY 5th 2012 and would like to help break the record visit www.facebook.com/AIEmelbourne and go to EVENTS for more details. If successful all participants will be able to order a Personalised Participation Certificate for themselves and the first 1000 attendees will receive a show bag with games, gifts and prizes.
Specific Guidelines Pack - Please view the following PDF from Guinness to give an idea of the requirements. "This should be read and understood by all concerned with the record attempt prior to the attempt – this includes every participant, organiser and witness."
SPECIFIC GUIDELINES FOR ‘LARGEST GATHERING OF PEOPLE DRESSED AS VIDEO GAMES CHARACTERS’
1. All participants must be dressed in costumes representing characters from video games.
2. Characters from other media such as films, television, books and comics are acceptable; however these must have been featured in video games before any subsequent appearances in other media.
a. Sonic the Hedgehog first appeared in a video game in 1991, prior to subsequent television and comic book appearances; therefore Sonic qualifies for the attempt.
b. Batman first featured as a comic book character in 1939, prior to his first appearance as a video game character in 1986; therefore Batman does not qualify.
3. The eligibility of the characters to be considered for the attempt remains at the discretion of Guinness World Records.
4. All participants must be in position simultaneously and remain so for a minimum of 10 minutes.
5. A loud start and finish signal recognised by all participants must be used. Two experienced timekeepers (e.g. from a local athletics club) must time the attempt with stopwatches accurate to 0.01 seconds.
6. All participants must wear the costume for the entirety of the attempt.
The Academy of Interactive Entertainment (AIE) is Australia's most awarded 3D Animation, Game Design and Visual FX educator. AIE have been getting graduates into careers in these competitive fields since 1996. We are nationally accredited under the Australian Qualification Framework and have campuses in Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra.
Join millions of people on Eventbrite.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.