San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
How to Flatten Hierarchies, Build Relationships and Get Work Done
An Innovative Program Applying Open Space Technology and Action Learning Together
This two day workshop with Bob Dick and Andrew Rixon will help you build on your leadership, facilitative and coaching skills, to be a more effective change agent with-in organisations, community settings or beyond.
Open Space Technology is a large group meeting methodology which can kick-start a change initiative. Action learning can then help to implement the change effectively. This practical interactive and hands on training will help you explore, understand and facilitate Open Space Technology and Action Learning processes.
Who is this workshop for?
Kickstarting Change that Lasts is for:
- People who as consultants, facilitators or leaders are planning to take organisations or communities on a change journey
- OD Professionals, consultants and facilitators who are looking to add to their repertoire action learning and large group processes that work together to bring about organisational or community development
- Community development practitioners interested in processes that can achieve high community engagement in practical community change and capacity building programs
- Anyone interested in an innovative approach which combines the capacity of Open Space to initiate change and of Action Learning to follow through with real change on the ground
By the end of this training you will:
- Have a good understanding of the processes of Open Space Technology and Action Learning including the philosophy that underpins them
- Be able to assess when it’s appropriate to use Open Space Technology and Action Learning
- Be prepared to organise and facilitate an event using Open Space Technology
- Be able to create the learning infrastructure -- setting up the action learning program, determining roles, and recruiting participants, mentors, sponsors and facilitators
- Be able to set up and facilitate action learning groups which support and implement outcomes and momentum created by Open Space technology
- Understand Bob Dick’s 4 dilemma’s of Organisational Change and how our integrated approach helps to address these
The workshop is an engaging mix of presentations, activities, reflection and application of concepts to case studies and to real-life issues generated by participants.
Bob Dick, an independent Brisbane-based educator, facilitator and consultant whose reputation in these fields is based on over 45 years of experience. Bob is respected internationally for his work with Action Learning and Action Research.
Andrew Rixon is one of Australia’s leading Open Space Technology practitioners and has gained global experience in working with organisations, within Australia and internationally in the UK, USA, Europe and Asia-Pacific for over a decade.
Those of you who are familiar with Bob and Andrew will know that their style is casual and participative, processes robust and learnable, and documentation clear, readable and practical. Their workshops are characterised by an integration of theory and practice, with equal emphasis on the development of skills and understanding. The processes and models used to help others learn are those which they regularly make use of in their own work.
Want to learn more? Join in the weekly Pop-up Conversations starting Monday February 8th and continuing through to April 4th 2016.
When & Where
Babel Fish Group
Babel Fish Group is a boutique management consulting company specialising in Leadership and Change.