Actions and Detail Panel
Jamaican Jerk Masterclass (2) - The Ja Joint
Sat. 16 July 2016, 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm AEST
Our second session following our first SOLD OUT event. We are stoked, bang tidy excited to present our second masterclass session with Carly Day, quirky food presenter, singer & creator of award winning Jamaican food brand The Ja Joint shows you how to cook amazing simple Jamaican Jerk BBQ food 16th July 2016.
Jamaican Jerk is a reference term for the unique spice mixture which is rubbed on meats and cooked low and slow. It's incredibly moorish goes on any protein. The base flavours of Jerk are onion, garlic, thyme, pimento & chilli. If you dig well balanced natural spice mixtures and love flavours you will convert to Jerkism.
The Ja Joint
Carly started The Ja Joint product brand in 2014 so Australian's could experience 'the taste & culture of Jamaica' simply by using the products. The products are 100% natural + gluten free + made in Australia + certified no 1 brand by Jamaican Consulate of Australia. Since the launch of the brand Carly has turned a self funded vision into creating more cultural integration in Australia through food, music & stories. Featured in a healthy dose of local and national media Carly's vision to get people together and give back to other disadvantaged cultures is getting attention. Through food, music and sharing stories we learn, accept and get inspired to be better people.
This class is ideal for you If
- You love food
- Love low n slow, smoked meats
- Love learning new cooking skills and culture
- Love rum (good caribbean rum)
- Love reggae
- Love being entertained
What do you experience?
Super fun, knowledgable and practical take home skills for you to use in your kitchen when entertaining. A taste explosion that you will fall in love with Be prepared to be entertained! hear great reggae & dancehall and drink great rum cocktails whilst learning and eating. .
- The history of Jamaican food & culture
- How to cook simple traditional Jamaican BBQ Jerk meats. Jerk Chicken + Jerk Pork (using our 65 gallon drum smokers)
- How to cook simple traditional Jamaican sides (rice n peas + plantain + rasta slaw)
- Jamaican feast meal at the end of the class. Jamaican Jerk Chicken + Rice n peas + Plantain + Rasta Slaw served with our Jamaican BBQ Sauce & Habanero Hot Sauce)
- 1 complimentary Jamaican rum cocktail.
- Take home goody bag of The Ja Joint's Jamaican BBQ Kit so you can create your own Jamaican party with your family and crew ( 200g Jamaican Jerk Rub + 200ml Jamaican BBQ Sauce + free recipes wrapped in a cool brown old skool eco friendly bag)
The class is held at 'The Soulhouse' where regular community inspired events take place in a convenient location 5km from the city. Charming wrap around decks and outdoor garden hub areas where you will drink, eat, chat and learn.
Small group setting of a maximum of 12 people per class. Intimate and friendly!
How to book
1- Book your ticket on eventbrite to reserve your place
Venue: Lamont Rd, Wilston ( QLD )
Time: 1:30 pm - 4:30pm
Date: 16th July 2016
- Available spaces are limited
- Max 12 spaces
- Alcohol 1 complimentary rum cocktail included
- Meal includes, Jamaican Jerk BBQ Chicken + Rice n peas + Plantain + Rasta Slaw served with our Jamaican BBQ Sauce & Habanero Hot Sauce
- Feel free to bring your own beer & alcohol If you prefer to drink a lil more
- Non-refundable once booked