This course will suite sonographers , nurses and other practitioners wanting to become proficient in using ultrasound for follicle tracking.
The course will comprise of some lectures but will be predominantly hands on learning with tutor guidance ensuring a collaborative learning environment.
- Basic ultrasound physics, artifacts and instrumentation
- Scanning techniques , knobology and imaging optimisation
- Ultrasound appearances of pelvic anatomy
- Ultrasound appearances of normal ,abnormal and stimulated ovaries
- Trans abdominal scanning using live models
- Transvaginal scanning using phantoms and live models
- Image documentation ,measurements and protocols
- Probe cleaning and sterilization protocols.
- Limits and pitfalls of ultrasound scanning for follicle tracking
Objectives: On completion of the course learners should have:
- an understanding of basic ultrasound physics, artifacts and instrumentation
- an understanding of the ultrasound appearances of the ovaries during normal and stimulated cycles
- an understanding of the ultrasound examination of the pelvis both trans abdominal and transvaginal.
- the skills to identify , document and measure follicles
- an understanding of the limitations and pitfalls of ultrasound scanning for follicle tracking.
When & Where
AUSTRALIAN SCHOOL OF MEDICAL IMAGING
The ASMI campus is located on the 6th Floor of the Avanti Commercial suite
building at 1 C Burdett St , Hornsby. The Avanti buildings are very close to the Hornsby Railway station and almost adjacent to the intersection of Burdett and
George streets Hornsby.
Accessing the ASMI office
The main entrance when walking to the campus is from Burdett Street.
• At the main entry there
is a security pad on the
left hand side of the
• Enter 616 and press the
‘bell’ icon (this will ring
at the ASMI office and seminar room
allowing the doors to be
opened and allow lift
Use the lift on the right hand side and proceed to level 6.
Follow the corridor to the back. The ASMI 616 Suite is located on your right.