Intensive 2 day lecture and hands-on course is suitable for Sonographers, Emergency Clinicians, Anaesthetists and Critical Care Clinicians commencing their cardiac ultrasound.
The program will give a comprehensive introduction to two-dimensional, M-mode and Doppler cardiac ultrasound.
▪ Basic physics of ultrasound including 2D, M mode and Doppler.
▪ Knobology, image optimization and artifacts.
▪ Cardiac anatomy and physiology
▪ Standard echocardiographic views and imaging planes.
▪ M-mode and spectral Doppler
▪ Case studies of normal and common adult pathology including valvular and ventricular dysfunction.
Upon completion of this course participants are expected to:-
▪ Understand the basic principals of ultrasound physics.
▪ Understand and recognise normal cardiac anatomy and physiology.
▪ Understand the standard views and imaging planes used in cardiac ultrasound.
▪ Recognise normal anatomy and physiology as well as common pathologies.
▪ Acquire a basic level of competence in performing an echocardiogram.
Sue Bradley has been working in adult and paediatric cardiac ultrasound for greater than 30 years and has been intimately involved in the training of cardiac sonographers, cardiac advanced trainees, emergency physicians, anaesthetists and physicians from overseas.
When & Where
AUSTRALIAN SCHOOL OF MEDICAL IMAGING
The ASMI campus is located on the 6th Floor of the Avanti Commercial suite
building at 1 C Burdett St , Hornsby. The Avanti buildings are very close to the Hornsby Railway station and almost adjacent to the intersection of Burdett and
George streets Hornsby.
Accessing the ASMI office
The main entrance when walking to the campus is from Burdett Street.
• At the main entry there
is a security pad on the
left hand side of the
• Enter 616 and press the
‘bell’ icon (this will ring
at the ASMI office and seminar room
allowing the doors to be
opened and allow lift
Use the lift on the right hand side and proceed to level 6.
Follow the corridor to the back. The ASMI 616 Suite is located on your right.