This is a 2 day intensive “hands on” training program that is designed for Radiologists, Obstetricians, Rural and Remote practitioners ,Point of Care Practitioners , Registrars and trainees,Nurses and medical students with little or no previous ultrasound experience .The course will be delivered by medical educationalists and ultrasound experts ensuring a collaborative and supportive learning environment . A variety of high quality equipment is used in conjunction with scanning models and phantoms , ensuring the consolidation of practical scanning.
The course will cover the theoretical and practical curriculum for CCPU and CAHPU Basic Monitoring the Fetus (2nd and 3rd Trimester). If applicants wish to apply for CCPU or CAHPU please contact ASUM .
The curriculum includes:
- Scanning techniques, Physical Principles and Safety
- 2nd and 3rd Trimester Anatomy and Pathology
- Understanding and imaging appropriate fetal organs to perform a morphology scan
- Scanning techniques to enable assessment and imaging for fetal presentation,measurements and biophysical profile,placental position, liquor volume ,AFI measurement ,cervical length and Doppler measurements.
- Scanning techniques for the 2nd amd 3rd trimester
- Morphology Scan ,( fetal measurements and image documentation, basic fetal hearts and heart rates.
- Scanning and image protocols
- Patient management in the clinical situation
- Limitations and pitfalls of ultrasound scanning in the 2nd and 3rd Trimester.
On completion of this course the participant should be able to:-
- In the event the applicant has not completed ASUM Physics course, a 90 minute session on physics, artefact and image optimization will be held to ensure an adequate understanding.
- Recognise and describe the normal and abnormal ultrasound anatomy of the uterus, ovaries and adnexae.
- Optimise the imagin parameters, transducer and patient to produce a diagnostic ultrasound image.
- Have the clinical knowledge and ultrasound skills to be able to make appropriate management decisions
- Recognise normal fetal anatomy and demonstrate a detailed understanding of the gross
- anatomical structure and surface anatomy of the relevant organ systems.
- Have an understanding of the images required to complete a fetal morphology scan.
- Be able to perform and document a basic fetal morphology scan.
- Attain proficiency in image optimisation in order to enable appropriate diagnosis.
- Demonstrate 3rd trimester biophysical profile (a detailed assessment of fetal structure or biometry/EFW is not expected)
- Understand the limitations and pitfalls of performing an ultrasound examination of the female pelvis and pregnancy in the clinical situation
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO COMMONWEALTH BANK credit card customers: As a security measure, the Commonwealth Bank will not process any credit card debit request made by EventBrite for your seminar registration fee UNTIL the Commonwealth Bank has personally spoken to you to confirm and authorise your request. ASMI recommends you speak with the Commonwealth Bank prior to booking or use an alternate credit card. Please be aware your booking session may expire whilst you are speaking with the Commonwealth bank and we do apologise for any inconvenience caused by the Commonwealth Bank security policies.