Return to Work Coordinator Training Course (NSW) - 2 day course
A return-to-work coordinator is a worker nominated by the employer, whose principal purpose is to assist injured workers with returning to work in a safe and timely manner. The Purpose of this course is to develop basic skills and knowledge of management of workplace injuries including legislative requirements.
Please Note: WorkCover has made a number of changes to this course including updating the Participant Workbook to include new contact details, resources and legislative changes and examples and activities throughout the course to better aid learning.
Who Should Attend
Under workers compensation law Category 1 employers (ie employers whose basic tariff premium exceeds $50,000, self insurers, and employers who are insured by a specialised insurer, and who employ more than 20 workers) must have an accredited return to work coordinator. For other employers who do not fall into this category, this course will provide significant benefits to optimise your response to workplace injuries.
Individuals are encouraged to attend who are:
- entering RTW coordination for the first time.
- resuming RTW coordination after an absence.
- wanting to brush up on their basic skills.
Benefits of this course
Development of basic skills and knowledge in the management of workplace injuries including legislative requirements.
- Ability to identify suitable duties and assist injured workers to return to work as soon as possible
- Strategies for communication with treating doctors, insurers and health professionals including example letters
- Gaining WorkCover accreditation to work as a Return to Work Coordinator.
- Network with other RTW coordinators in your local area.
Terms & Conditions
Access our terms & conditions at our Training Page
Save This Event
When & Where
We are a leading provider of injury prevention and management.