Actions and Detail Panel
Introduction to Motivational Interviewing for Drug Use (CORE SKILL)
Thu. 13 October 2016, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm AEST
This is a workshop for those wanting to develop core skills in managing clients who are ambivalent about making change to their drug use. The interactive skills based workshop will cover:
- an overview of the Stages of Change model
- motivational interviewing principles and processes
- basic micro-counselling skills
- brief motivational assessment
- motivational interviewing strategies
- practical skills development.
Prerequisite: Online Induction Material – Module 5
A Certificate of Course Competency will be issued if core skill requirements are met.
This Course provides 6 hours of active learning and is an endorsed bythe Australian College of Nursing.