Introduction to Developing a Social Enterprise
Wednesday, 19 October 2016 from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm (AEDT)
ACTCOSS is proud to be partnering with the Canberra Innovation Network and University of Canberra to bring to you the first, of a range of initiatives, to support organisations and individuals to develop sustainable social enterprise businesses in the ACT.
Our kick-off event is an introduction to developing a social enterprise business using the business model canvas for social enterprises. So if you’ve come up with a great concept for a new product or service that could benefit people with disabilities, the elderly living in your community or to address other social or environmental problems, then come along and see how the business model canvas can help clarify your thoughts as to whether there is a viable business model to get this product or service to your customer.
The Business model for social enterprise can help you to:
- Clearly articulate your concept to individuals and institutions who can provide you with funding, mentoring or other practical support to get your idea off the ground
- Test and develop ‘minimum viable products’ so that you can quickly see whether your business (and the impact you are passionate about) actually ‘stack up’ in practice.
You’ll walk away from this workshop with hypotheses about the size of your target market, the key business partners you’ll need to reach out to, and potential cost structures and funding/revenue streams.
While this workshop will not delve into the intricacies of financial modelling, you'll emerge with a big-picture understanding of the key components to consider if you are building a business that prioritises social impact and strives for financial sustainability.
You'll love this course if:
- You are an early stage social entrepreneur or a community services manager with an idea or prototype for a product or service, but you need to consider your business model
- Anyone curious about the key considerations for building business models in the social sector
What you'll learn:
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Use the business model canvas to map out key components of a social enterprise
- Create and test hypotheses about a social enterprise’s target market size, cost structure, revenue streams, and value chain partnerships
Please contact email@example.com or phone 02 6202 7200 for more information.
When & Where
ACT Council of Social Service Inc
The ACT Council of Social Service Inc. (ACTCOSS) is the peak representative body for people living with disadvantage and not-for-profit community organisations in the Australian Capital Territory. For more information please visit our website: www.actcoss.org.au