San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is a good fit if you are:
- An experienced programmer who is new to Clojure
- Want to learn about functional programming and immutable data
- Want to create a Clojure app or improve an existing app
- Lunch & Refreshments
- Internet connectivity and power during the workshop
What Will I Learn?
Day 1 (10 May 2013: 9.00am - 5.00pm)
- Introduction: Programming with the REPL
- Functions and Flow Control
- Names and Namespaces
Day 2 (11 May 2013: 9:00am - 5:00pm)
- Immutable Data: Collections and Sequences
- Concurrency: State and Time
- Polymorphism: Protocols, Types, and Records
What Should I Bring?
- Your own laptop (computers are not provided)
- Software installed prior to the class (this information will be emailed to attendees one week prior to class)
About The Trainer
Stuart Sierra has been involved in Clojure since (almost) the very beginning and is the author of many open-source Clojure libraries. He developed one of the first real-world Clojure web applications, AltLaw. He is the co-author, with Luke VanderHart, of the book ClojureScript: Up and Running and Practical Clojure.
About The Venue
The venue for Introduction to Clojure training is sponsored by ThoughtWorks.
For more information on training content, please contact email@example.com.
For more information on bookings, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.