Actions and Detail Panel
Introduction to ArcGIS Training, Hobart, April 2017
Wed., 26/04/2017, 9:00 am – Thu., 27/04/2017, 5:00 pm AEST
Learn to use ArcGIS
Want to learn how to use the world's leading geographic information systems software? Give your career a boost by learning how to use software that can give you new insights into your data, perform incredible analysis and then share what you have learned through media rich paper or web maps. This course provides foundation learning for the ESRI suite of ArcGIS software and is the essential basis if you want to make maps, capture mobile data or publish maps on the web.
This two-day robust course provides hands-on experience together with a conceptual overview of ESRI’s ArcGIS Desktop software. The course teaches basic ArcGIS functionality and enables participants to quickly take advantage of the software’s powerful display and analysis capabilities.
You will learn how to
- Display and query all types of geographic data.
- Symbolise and classify data to discover new insights into your data.
- Analyse your data to discover important information.
- Integrate data from a variety of sources.
- Use coordinate systems, particularly the Geocentric Datum of Australia (GDA).
- Create and edit your own geographic data.
- Map features from GPS coordinates.
- Work with a variety of databases.
- Create maps.
- Increase you skills and value to your organisation
- Instructor presentation of topics, concepts and techniques using slides and live demonstrations.
- Practice sessions; each student receives a work book that guides them through realistic ArcGIS activities.
- Questions and discussions.
This ArcGIS course is a stimulating and rewarding experience. There is a good mix of instructor presentation and practice sessions so that you can make the most of the two day course. The atmosphere is informal and friendly providing the ideal learning environment.
Made in Australia
Many specialist software courses are designed for conditions in the USA. In Australia we often have a better way so our course has been built for Australian conditions. Rest assured that we do still adhere to the usual ESRI training standards. The practice sessions have an appeal to a broad cross section of users from Botanists to Engineers.
Trainers with at least 10 years experience
Our trainers work with GIS every day and know how to apply the technology to a variety of situations. You can use us to bounce your ideas and help you better understand the software in your situation.
This course is for those with little or no desktop mapping or GIS experience; however, registrants should be familiar with Microsoft Windows.
Course participants will receive one month of free telephone support on the course material.
“Fast learning, excellent course.”
David Seymour, Mineral Resources Tasmania
“As a teacher and workplace trainer, I was pleasantly surprised at the high quality of the training – the environment was also excellent, thank you.”`
Andy Baird, Greening Australia