Actions and Detail Panel
Introduction to AOD Withdrawal for Allied Health Practitioners
Tue. 6 June 2017, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm AEST
The aim of the course is for allied health practitioners to develop knowledge and skills that enable them to provide support for their clients prior to and during withdrawal from alcohol and other drugs.
Topics covered include:
- the Queensland Alcohol and Drug Withdrawal Clinical Practice Guidelines
- identifying the client’s need for withdrawal management
- discussing treatment options
- the withdrawal process and expected duration
- drug-specific withdrawal symptoms
- support strategies during acute withdrawal
- the importance of ongoing follow up.
Please Note: Participants must hold current professional registration with AHPRA or equivalent.
Presenters: Hannah King, Margaret Ness and Rod Jones