The aim of the course is for allied health practitioners to develop knowledge and skills that enable them to provide support for their clients prior to and during withdrawal from alcohol and other drugs.
- identifying the client's need for withdrawal management
- the withdrawal process and expected duration in line with the Queensland Alcohol and Drug Withdrawal Guidelines
- drug specific withdrawal symptoms
- support strategies during acute withdrawal
- the importance of ongoing follow up
- outlining the available treatment options
Presenters: Hannah King, Senior Psychologist, A/ Allied Health Manager, Margaret Ness Senior Clinical Education Coordinator, and Rod Jones, Nurse Educator