The course provides detailed instruction in in-office whitening technologies and techniques for dental practitioners.
The syllabus for the course includes the following topics:
- Regulation of whitening products and practices in Australia
- Case selection and contra-indications
- Whitening versus lightening
- Patient work-up and consent
- Shade assessment
- Causes of discolouration
- Chemistry of bleaching systems
- Choice of systems; chemical versus light activation
- Advanced oxidation processes for bleaching
- Maximizing effectiveness of individual systems
- Safety considerations for hard tissues and the dental pulp
- Soft tissue isolation; material application
- Intra-operative complications and their prevention and management
- Post-operative advice; shade relapse and its prevention
- Maintenance products for at home use
- The theory section concludes with a written examination.
- The hands-on section includes techniques for isolation and tissue protection, and application of materials to maximise effectiveness and safety.
About the Presenter:
Laurence Walsh has been Professor of Dental Science at the University of Queensland since 1999, where he leads the research group in advanced technologies and materials. He has undertaken clinical and laboratory trials for a wide range of bleaching systems and technologies, and has published extensively on this topic in the national and international literature. Laurence has over 25 years clinical experience with conventional and laser-based systems for treating more difficult cases including tetracycline staining. He has presented numerous lectures and hand-on courses in tooth bleaching systems and technologies for the past decade across the Asia-Pacific region and in North America.
CPD Hours 6
DBA approved - Programs to extend scope of practice.
Book early!! Workshop is limited to 25 places.
Participants are asked to bring their magnifying loupes or usual protective eyewear. Please advise if you are left handed.
Lunch, morning and afternoon teas included. Please advise dietary requirements when you register.
Registrations will be acknowledged and receipts issued through Eventbrite. Course registrants will be contacted by email with a reminder one week prior to the course.
Cancellation of registration is required at least 14 days prior to commencement of the course and is subject to a $50.00 cancellation charge. Cancellations within 14 days will be subject to further charges.