Actions and Detail Panel
Innovation Strategy Masterclass: Learn how to focus your innovation efforts
Wed. 26 July 2017, 9:00 am – 1:30 pm AEST
Bottom-up innovation will only get you so far. To truly unlock innovation, it is essential that innovation efforts are directed towards the most profitable and strategically aligned opportunities for your business. This is the sole purpose of "innovation missions"; to galvanise and direct employee energy in the areas where you will reap the most returns.
Innovation Mission = a strategically aligned, broad area of focus to help direct innovation efforts.
This Masterclass is designed to help leaders arrive at powerful Innovation Missions. Inventium will share best practice tools, techniques, and templates for creating Innovation Missions to focus your innovation efforts. In this highly informative and interactive masterclass, you will begin to craft and refine your own innovation missions and take the first step towards unlocking your innovative prowess!
- Innovation Overview: A high-level look at innovation, what it actually means, and what happens if you choose not to innovate.
- Innovation Strategy: An overview of where innovation strategy sits in the broader context of a holistic innovation framework.
- Opportunity identification: Exploration of the 3Cs framework to help identify the opportunity sweet spot for your organisation's innovation mission.
- Disruptive mindset: An interactive exercise to trigger a disruptive mindset to help uncover unthought of opportunities.
- Innovation Mission communication: Steps to refine and finalise your set of innovation missions.
You will leave Inventium’s half-day Innovation Strategy Masterclass with an understanding of:
- Innovation strategy and why you MUST be proactive with innovation;
- How to identify areas of strategic focus for innovation and how to turn these into innovation missions;
- How to craft an effective innovation mission that can be actioned;
- The ideal balance of innovation missions in terms of incremental vs. disruptive and internal vs. external focus;
- What happens after innovation missions are set.
Innovation Training Online
Inventium's Customer Driven Innovation Program is included as part of your ticket and will provide you with all of the key skills required to effectively progress an innovation mission through a best-practice innovation process. Specifically, you will learn how to:
- Identify profitable growth opportunities that are customer-focused,
- Generate breakthrough solutions, and
- Apply Lean Start Up methodologies to prototyping ideas leanly and quickly.
Sign up three staff and you will receive three seats to the Masterclass, three online learning places and a mentoring session with a Senior Inventiologist to help refine your innovation missions and receive advice on the best-practice innovation process to action your innovation missions.