An Information Session on the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse.
A free legal information talk - 12 August.
The Knowmore Legal Advice Centre and
the Legal Services Commission of South Australia present a free 12 August information session.
Knowmore is an independent service giving free legal advice to people who are considering telling their story or providing information to the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse.
Their mission is to help each person who comes to:
- understand the powers and procedures of the Royal Commission
- understand the legal issues and legal options relevant to him or her
- feel supported to make an informed decision about interacting with the Royal Commission
- be enabled to tell their story or provide information to the Royal Commission if they choose to do so.
Through this work the goal of the Knowmore Legal Service is to help prevent child sexual abuse from occurring in institutions in the future.
This free information session (including a brief Q&A), is suited for people with an interest in understanding this service better. People with disability, carers and disability community workers are particularly encouraged to attend.
Wednesday 12 August 2015 - session commences 3.00pm and concludes at 4.30pm.
The presentation will be held on Level 3, 30 Flinders Street, Adelaide in Room 3.2.
Bookings are essential on this EventBrite page for this information session as seating capacity is limited.
More information is available by contacting the Commission on 8111 5593 or email: email@example.com
For additional details on the work of the Knowmore Legal Service visit www.knowmore.org.au
You can also find out about the services offered by the Legal Services Commission by visiting www.lsc.sa.gov.au
When & Where
Legal Services Commission of South Australia
The Legal Services Commission provides a range of legal services to members of the public:
- legal representation to people eligible under criteria set by the Commission in accordance with Section 10(2) of the Act.
- free legal advice and minor legal assistance
- a free duty solicitor service
- a range of online resources and printed publications explaining the law in simple, easy to understand terms
- the Law Handbook Online at www.lsc.sa.gov.au provides plain english language legal information
- an extensive range of legal education programs, many free of charge.