Infant Massage Course
Come and discover the benefits of infant massage in a course taught by a qualified Infant Massage Teacher.
Infant massage is a wonderful way to strengthen babies attachment to you, improve common ailments (including trapped wind, colic, teething pain and dry skin), stay relaxed, cry less and sleep better.
Giving your baby a massage lifts your mood and helps you to feel more empowered as a parent. It helps you to understand their subtle non-verbal language and develop your ability to listen to them, laying down the foundations of trust and security which will help you build a happy and confident relationship with your baby for the future.
Discover how baby massage can:
- Enhance cognitive development.
- Promotes physical development for baby.
- Build confidence and self-esteem.
- Create a strong bond of trust, love and respect.
- Promotes bonding with baby and easy to show dads/mums/partners and other carers with handouts.
- Increase your baby's social skills and reduce separation anxiety.
- Support your baby's ability to relax easier and for longer.
- Assist you to recognise pain, discomfort or ill health in your infant as well as reading their body language.
- Help reduce colic and wind, and helps digestion (and pooing!).
- Promotes a positive routine for babies, and great before bedtime.
- Meet other parents with babies.
The course includes handouts, guides to the best massage oils, as well as your own bottle of oil to take away, and also support whilst you are attending the course so that you can be confident that your massage is a pleasurable and relaxing experience for you and baby. I'm happy to answer questions if you would like to teach your partner the moves too at home.
The course is run over 2 weeks and will show you how to massage baby's back, head and face, chest and arms, tummy and legs.
The course is designed for 6 week old babies to precrawling.
This course is being held over 2 sessions on the 5th and 12th December, 9.30 - 10.30am.