THIS TRAINING EVENT IS EXCLUSIVELY FOR GS1 AUSTRALIA’S ALLIANCE PARTNER COMMUNITY.
For further information on GS1 Australia’s Alliance Partner programme, please contact:
Miss Joseli Munive, Manager Alliances & ICT Industry
Tel: 02 9695 2217 or Email: email@example.com
The GS1 Alliance Partner community is a critical part of the implementation of GS1 standards in industry, providing software, hardware, consultancy and solutions to our members. Furthermore, Alliance Partners contribute to ongoing innovation in supply chain technologies and support efficient and effective management in current business operations.
As GS1 standards are fundamental in any implementation within a modern supply chain, education is an empowering key component that adds commercial intelligence, industry relevance and business credibility.
Industry Standards Training is our premier offer to our Alliance Partner community to learn and be tested on the application of the GS1 standards. The course covers all aspects of the GS1 system, at an introductory and intermediate level, allowing the participant a 360° view of GS1 standards as they are applied to businesses of all sizes and all industries.
The course covers the following topics:
- An insider’s view of GS1 Australia, getting to know our organisation
- Numbering and Barcoding for all levels of packaging. Retail, non-retail trade items and logistic units, including consumptions items for Healthcare, are all covered in significant detail. The relationship between number and barcode symbol is also explored as well as aspects of the importance of barcode quality.
- EDI as the primary vehicle for business document messaging between trading partners
- Data Synchronisation and its Australasian implementation through the National Product Catalogue (NPC, previously known as GS1net in the non-Healthcare sectors)
- EPC and RFID explores the relationship between the technology and the Electronic Product Code standard
- GS1 Australia products and services
The course is designed to give our Alliance Partners the skills, the knowledge and the confidence to effectively translate the GS1 system to business features and benefits, which in turn will add to any comprehensive sales proposition to clients.
Bookings in advance are ESSENTIAL as catering is provided through the training day.
As this course provides a certification of achievement, there are quick revision tests at the end of each module to ensure that the key learning outcomes have been absorbed.
This course is provided on an exclusive and complimentary basis to our Alliance Partner community.
When & Where
GS1 Australia is the leading provider of standards and solutions for over 20 industry sectors. We introduced barcoding to Australia in 1979 and today we enable more than 17,000 member companies, of all sizes, to become more efficient by implementing the GS1 system. For more information visit http://www.gs1au.org/