Visualising Mathematics: It's a whole school approach!
You are invited to be part of the first annual primary mathematics conference hosted by Anita Chin. As a celebration of her career as a Mathematics educator for 23 years and now as the Director of her own professional learning consulting business, she is wanting to give back to educators what students have given her - a passion for teaching learners of all ages.
Who will attend?
This is a school team-based conference. Schools are encouraged to send a team of up to five educators, however, individual delegates may still attend as it will be a wonderful networking opportunity with 200 delegates in attendance. For larger school teams, please contact Anita., Your school team could include the following educators:
- Classroom teachers, K-2
- Classroom teachers, Y3-6
- Learning support teacher
- Numeracy/Mathematics Leader
- Head of Curriculum, Deputy Principal or Principal
This conference is designed to explore, discuss and inspire educators to love teaching mathematics to all learners K-6 and improve educators pedagogical content knowledge (PCK).
Learn from some of the best researchers and expert practitioners in Australia,
Hear case studies from schools who are implementing a whole-school approach to mathematics
Collaborate and strategically plan for a whole school approach to maths for your school with your school team
Interact with some of the latest school resources at the trade displays.
Theme: A Whole School Approach to Mathematics
This team-based conference provides an opportunity for schools to begin their whole-school approach journey by:
educators strategically planning who will attend the conference - a team of colleagues from various schools (small or regional schools), a school team, or just a friend who loves teaching maths
delegates pre-selecting their workshops to attend depending on their role at school
learning how we can teach for a depth of understanding by making the maths visible for all learners consistently across your whole school using appropriate tasks, tools and talk.
75-minute interactive keynote address by Anita Chin
3 one-hour concurrent sessions, each with five practical workshops to select from
30-minute school team planning session…. speed dating style!
fabulous food to fuel your mind
- Anita Chin - Founder & Learning Strategist K-8. Anita Chin Mathematics Consultancy.
- Professor Janette Bobis - Pro Dean Research, Prof. Mathematics Education. The University of Sydney
- Assoc. Professor Jenni Way - Assoc. Prof. Mathematics Education. The University of Sydney
- Emma Campbell - Global Head, Mathematics Content and Curriculum. 3P Learning Ltd
- Tim Waugh - Teacher Educator/Curriculum Advisor. Catholic Schools Office, Lismore, NSW
- Allison Pegus - Executive Consultant & Coach. Learning Professional Consulting
- Sorubi Thavaratnam - CEO & Founder. IDEALearning
Case Studies: Transforming Learning and Teaching
Three case study schools who have embarked on a whole school approach will share their journey with you:
Cartwright Public School, Liverpool, NSW
St Mary's School, Bowraville, NSW
Unity Grammar College, Austral, NSW
Visit the conference website to
- find out about the venue (transport and free parking)
- view accommodation options
- download the flyer, brochure, program and registration planning sheets.
Anita Chin - Conference Producer
M 0417 232 486
Cindy Pellas - Conference Coordinator