Actions and Detail Panel
Immunisation Update North: Shingles Disease and Zostavax Vaccine
Tue. 25 October 2016, 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm ACDT
Shingles is unpredictable:
- 97% of adults have the virus that causes shingles within them
- 1 in 3 adults will be affected by shingles in their lifetime
- Incidence and severity of shingles increases with age
- Complications can be serious and long lasting
The shingles vaccine, Zostavax®, has been approved to be placed on the National Immunisation Program (NIP), to be provided free of charge from 1 November 2016 to people aged 70 years with a five year catch-up program for people aged 71 – 79 years.
The sessions will cover:
- Shingles disease: incidence and complications
- Zostavax vaccine program commencing on 1st November
- Short general immunisation update
Presenter: John Litt
Registrations from 6:30pm for session to start at 7:00pm.Tea, coffee and light refreshments will be available.
This session is aimed at immunisation providers, however other health professionals with an interest in the topic are welcome to attend. The session will accrue 2 CPD hours.