ILC readiness for community organisations: NDIS workshop 1 of 2 (Perth)
The Australian Federation of Disability Organisations (AFDO) Disability Loop project is proud to announce that our free NDIS workshops for community organisations are now being rolled out.
NDIS Opportunities Workshops
The NDIS Opportunities series of half day workshops have been designed especially for community information, capacity building, and advocacy organisations. On October 18, 2016, Perth based CEOs, senior managers and board members who work in organisations that inform people with disability and their families about the NDIS will be able to build their capacity in four free half day workshops.
The workshops are progressively being rolled out throughout many Australian capital cities over the next few months. Make sure you are subscribed to the Disability Loop eNews so you find about sessions in your state or territory quickly.
The NDIS Opportunities series has been developed to resource and assist small community organisations as they navigate the significant changes that the new market environment brings. These workshops have been specifically tailored to the needs of small community organisations that would appreciate a safe space for thought provoking and sensitive discussions about the opportunities and challenges that they face. Specific, helpful detail is provided to assist with the strategic decisions needed as the ‘transition to full Scheme’ progresses.
- Learn about the ‘transition to full Scheme’ from the perspective of community organisations
- Get easy to understand information and resources tailored for community organisations
- We come to you; workshops will be available throughout Australia in 2016
Opportunities workshop 1 of 2: ILC readiness for community organisations
The ILC framework is a new and exciting part of the NDIS; let’s discuss the impact it will have on community organisations.
This session will explain the implications of the new concepts in the ILC Framework and help organisations begin the preparation for the introduction of the Information, Linkages and Capacity Building part of the NDIS.
There are two (2) half day NDIS Opportunities workshops:
- ILC readiness for community organisations: The ILC framework is a new and exciting part of the NDIS; let’s discuss the impact it will have on community organisations and start the work to become ILC ready. [view PDF flyer]
- Navigating LAC and the Participant Pathway: Let’s discuss the changes, opportunities and challenges that the introduction of the large-scale LAC system will bring for community information, capacity building and advocacy organisations. [view PDF flyer]
The Perth workshops will be held on October 18, 2016 at the Travelodge Perth as follows:
- 18 October 9:30am – 12:30pm Workshop 1 ILC Readiness for community organisations [register]
- 18 October 1:30pm – 4:30pm Workshop 2 Navigating LAC and the Participant Pathway [register]
Because of the importance of well informed discussion, organisations are invited to bring both a senior management representative and a board member to the workshop. Please feel welcome to register for some or all of the workshops.
Please note that due to the focus of this project and logistics, we regret that these workshops are not open to interested service provider agencies.
Will food be provided at the event?
Yes. For those attending a session in the morning, morning tea and lunch will be provided. For those attending afternoon sessions, lunch (if you arrive before the start time) and afternoon tea will be provided. For those attending the entire day, morning tea, lunch, and afternoon tea will be provided.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
You can call the Disability Loop team at AFDO on (03) 9662 3324, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Tickets are transferrable to another appropriate person from the same organisation as long as noting the limit of two persons per organisation per session. Ticketholders will be expected to sign in at the event.