Actions and Detail Panel
Hypnobirthing Australia™ : Supportive Caregiver Training
Sat. 1 April 2017, 9:30 am – 5:00 pm AWST
Do you want to learn what hypnobirthing is all about and how you can best support your hypnobirthing clients?
We are all working with the same goal in mind – to help birthing mothers and babies achieve a safe and positive birth experience.
Caregivers play an integral role throughout pregnancy and birth, and the Hypnobirthing Australia™ program recognises the difference that supportive caregivers can make to the outcome.
That is why we designed this course especially for you – medical professionals (midwives, student midwives, obstetricians, doctors, nurses) – who wish to learn the basic philosophy and tools of hypnobirthing so that you can best support parents who choose to use this method of birthing.
Participants of this intensive training are not qualified to teach the Hypnobirthing Australia Program – however, if you are interested in our Practitioner Training please click here for more info.
This special intensive training is specifically designed to equip caregivers with an understanding of the hypnobirthing philosophy, language, and tools that you can utilise in your very important role of supporting birthing mothers and families.
This course is endorsed for 6 CPD points by the Australian College of Midwives.
Here is what others have said about the Training Day:
“Thank you so much for being so flexible allowing me to come to the workshop on 17th September. It was wonderful. I now feel more prepared to assist women choosing hypnobirthing. In fact, I had 4 home births in 48 hours and 2 were hypnobirthing. The workshop gave me the knowledge to be there for them without interfering with the process. It was wonderful. Thank you so much for providing such an informative course.” ~ JM, CMP Midwife.
“I attended the caregivers seminar today and would recommend to any midwife or caregiver in labour who is open to learning new ways and supporting those women who choose to Hypnobirth. It will definitely help me, I learnt so much. Thank you Pip” `- CD, Public Hospital Midwife
” It was a great day and I feel so much better prepared to support hypnobirthing couples in the future. Highly recommend the day to any other birth professionals considering attending. Thanks for facilitating this type of training Pip ” – MS, Student Midwife
In our ‘Supportive Caregivers Training’ we will cover:
- Introduction to positive mindset of hypnobirthing
- Causes of fear and how it affects labour (psychological, emotional, physical)
- How caregivers can best help and support hypnobirthing parents
- What is hypnosis and how it is used through pregnancy and birth
- Reprogramming the subconscious – conditioning techniques used
- The importance of a calm birthing environment
- The language for empowered birthing
- Releasing endorphins through touch
- Introducing our toolkit for birth – breathing, visualisation, relaxation
- Self-hypnosis techniques – how parents use them through pregnancy and birth
- The power of triggers, anchors, suggestions and self-hypnosis during birth
- Prompts that can be used during birth
- Birth Preferences – the importance of open communication, negotiation and respecting women’s choices
- Special circumstances
- Releasing our own fears and reservations
- Techniques and tools to manage stress. Deep relaxation techniques for caregivers (caregivers need nurturing too!)