Actions and Detail Panel
How to win that job!
Tue. 16 May 2017, 9:00 am – 2:30 pm AEST
Thinking of returning to work or getting a new job can be an overwhelming prospect. This course covers the two essential aspects of successfully navigating a path to employment; the resume and the interview. Participants will complete practical tasks to create a resume and be empowered to confidently present themselves at interview.
What Will Participants Learn?
- Speak about yourself using descriptive language.
- Apply the essential elements of cover letters and resumes.
- Understand the need for pre-employment testing and what to expect in your target market.
- Design a personalised portfolio.
- Understand the different types of interview questions and how to prepare to answer them.
- Apply the most effective ways to prepare for an interview, including how to present yourself professionally.
- Express yourself effectively.
What Topics are Covered?
- Who are you?
- Writing the resume
- Cover letters
- The portfolio
- Understanding the interview
- Types of questions
- Getting ready
- Unwinding for the interview
- Common problems and solutions
- Sealing the deal
- Getting what you’re worth