Actions and Detail Panel
How to structure your thesis (ASSC) (Online - Collaborate)
Thu. 13 October 2016, 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm AEDT
ABOUT THIS SESSION:
The way in which you structure your thesis is crucial to its success. This session will focus on the links between the purpose and the organisation of a thesis. The session will cover:
- thesis structures and purpose
- introduction and conclusion coordination
- directions to readers: signalling, reviewing and linking
- nesting of headings and sub-headings
- organisation of paragraphs and use of bullets
You will be encouraged to bring along your thesis outline and to raise structure and organisation issues of your own.
WHY SHOULD I ATTEND?
After this session, you will have a better understanding of the components of a thesis, the relationship between the structure and the purpose, and the relationship between the whole and the parts.
Higher Degree by Research students (HDRs)
Date and Time
Online in Collaborate