Actions and Detail Panel
How to prevent headaches or migraines without medication.
Wed. 5 April 2017, 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm AEST
Recent research has shown that headaches and migraines can often be prevented.
Do you want to get out of a cycle of taking Panadol, Nurofen or other pain-killers for headaches? Has taking headache medication become ‘normal’ for you? Do you just put up with headaches and would like some relief?
Pain is your body’s way of telling you something is wrong, and headaches and migraines are no different. Your body is telling you there is something out of balance in your life.
In this talk you will learn:
- How your body’s muscular or skeletal alignment can cause headaches and the best things you can do about it
- How a food can give you a headache without you even realising it
- What foods may be giving you headaches
- What exercises you can do to relieve or prevent headaches in the first place.
- If the exercise you’re doing may be contributing to your headaches and how to modify it.
- How taking pain killers can cause you to have MORE headaches?
Speaker: Dr Cameron Kealy, Osteopath.
Cameron has worked in private practice for the last 18 years and lectured in Osteopathy masters program at Victoria University for 9 years. He has done post graduate study locally and the USA. Cameron runs the Migraine Solutions program at Recharge Osteopathic Clinic helping many migraine sufferers achieve 95% reductions in migraine frequency.