Actions and Detail Panel
How to effectively engage and influence stakeholders to achieve outcomes
Thu. 3 November 2016, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm AEDT
Half day workshop relevant to all professionals who want to develop skills and strategies that will allow them to work more effectively with others and identify and embed multiple objectives into work programs.
Solutions for cities and communities to adapt to climate change through the transition to water sensitive cities are in many instances hampered by factors including limited resources (financial and staff), competing project priorities, the presence of silos either within or between organisations and the inability to effectively engage key stakeholders, including the community, to identify needs and opportunities.
The ability to effectively engage and influence internal and external stakeholders is integral in being able to find solutions to build resilience to climate change and maximise the multiple benefits that can be delivered through water sensitive cities. In particular the ability to engage and influence stakeholders can help to;
- Inform overarching policy
- Develop strategic plans of management;
- Advocate for and implement projects that achieve multiple benefits; and
- Identify needs, opportunities and constraints within an organisation.
Craig Farmer will facilitate the workshop and has been involved in leadership of organisations for over 20 years. Skilled as a strategist, leader, coach, speaker and trainer. Craig’s enthusiasm, easy manner and knowledge have been adding value to a wide range of leaders and organisations over many years.
Craig is a sought after trainer and coach specialising in Leadership Development, Team Development, Influential communication, Conflict Resolution, Presentation/Facilitation skills and Running Effective meetings.
Key learning outcomes of the workshop include;
- Understand differences in others;
- Understand opposition thinking styles;
- Have confidence and knowledge to invent win/win outcomes for multiple stakeholders;
- Understand the importance of congruency in influencing others;
- Learning the 5 levels of leadership influence;
- Communicate more effectively with different personalities;
- Be confident of objectives;
- Understand different persuasion techniques;
- Influence people in a desired direction and obtain commitment and assistance from key stakeholders;
- Use active listening and questioning to unearth critical information;
- Understand the importance of a road map in using your influencing skills;
- Use different influencing styles for diverse personalities, cultures, managers and elected officials.