verb: To hotel, to play, to lose oneself.
The Afternoon Playground
Saturday 5th November: 1pm – 4pm
Kick back at The Afternoon Playground with offbeat confessions, up close and personal with the one and only Moira Finucane and Todd MacDonald. Take a mystery QuTe bike tour around Surfers Paradise, jump in the back of the EK Holden for an intimate cinema experience, a one-on-one yogi snack, perhaps, before heading up to the Penthouse for a lounge room conversation on ‘The Art of Hospitality’.
* Your ticket includes access to QT pool and deck, free bike hire and access to the exclusive Penthouse.
*Ticket upgrade options include "Friends & Benefits" packages: purchase at point of sale. Stingray Burger and Chips box - $22 per person
PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE
• Sister Moira from the Ministry of Finucane & Smith in the poolside The Floating Confessional
• Join Todd MacDonald, Artistic Director of Queensland’s Laboite Theatre (you may remember him from The Secret Life of Us, Neighbors and Rush) on the Calypso Terrace in Tell Todd, Todd Tells.
• Jump on a retro bike for the QuTe bike tours around Surfers Paradise led by performers Alicia Min-Harvie and Jonny Haselam. Bike tours run at 1.00pm and 2.00pm and run for approx. 45 mins.
• Experience intimate cinema with live performance in Driven In Drive In, in the back of QT’s classic 70’s custom-made EK Holden panel van
• Relax, kind of, with one-on-one yogi snacks with Sam Foster
• And finally from 3pm – 4pm join Adrian Carter, Professor Architecture, Bond University, Moira Finucane, and Banaam principal, Kyle Slabb in a lounge room conversation in the Penthouse on, the art of hospitality, titled ‘The Gold Coast is the Host with the Most.”
* This open conversation talks to the idea of hospitality as an act of welcome, invitation and service through the prisms of performance, architecture and indigenous culture.