Actions and Detail Panel
Hotelling - Down the Rabbit Hole
verb: To hotel, to play, to lose oneself.
Down the Rabbit Hole:
Lose yourself in a down-the-rabbit-hole artistic rollercoaster, from the 22nd floor to the tennis courts this is some trip!
Friday 4th + Saturday 5th November
8pm – 11pm (Pre- Show lobby entertainment from 7pm)
TICKETS: $50 (includes free glass of champagne):
*Ticket upgrade options include "Friends & Benefits" packages: purchase at point of sale.
Bazaar Dinner + ticket to Hotelling “Down the Rabbit Hole” Including free drink - $115 per person
Yamagen Teppanyaki Set Menu Dinner (TSUKI) + ticket to Hotelling “Down the Rabbit Hole” Including free drink - $115 per person
Guests must be 18+
Crisscrossing the corridors, courtyards, cocktail bars and clandestine corners of QT Gold Coast, Hotelling will immerse you in 48 hours of unexpected art and performance.
This adults-only adventure will lure audiences into flirtatious, fly-on-the-wall interactions with musicians, theatre makers, dancers and media artists as they shape-shift from the concierge to the couple next-door, the celebrity rock-star and even your elevator valet.
Curated by the inter/national, award winning David Pledger, in collaboration with Bleached Arts, the team behind Bleach* Festival, Hotelling embeds artists in your everyday hotel experience, there’s no telling who you’ll meet when Hotelling.
PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
• Nationally and internationally renowned media artist, Craig Walsh, whose projection art work, Future Mammal, will be taking up residence on the bottom of QT Gold Coast’s Swimming Pool.
• Moira Finucane is internationally acclaimed for her incendiary mix of provocation and entertainment. An Australian national treasure, who consistently and fearlessly shakes the boundaries of art, she is a magical realist writer, a volcanic performance artist and an eclectic and bold creator and director of extraordinary worlds; legendary salons, literary variety and intimate theatrical spectacles.
• The Farm, a Gold Coast based company with their roots in Berlin, who create contemporary performances that transcend expectations of what dance can be and how and where it should be viewed.
• Todd MacDonald, Artistic Director of Queensland’s Laboite Theatre who is also well known for his accomplished career as a stage, film and television actor and director (you may remember him from The Secret Life of Us, Neighbours and Rush). Todd will be making a special appearance in a performance called ‘The Crying Man’.
• Highly acclaimed composer, media artist and curator Lawrence English, will be creating a new site specific sound installation called Ghosts in the Machine, a totally immersive sonic experience that envelopes audiences in the sounds of a day in the life of QT Gold Coast.
And Kate Harman, Nadia Sunde, Shock Therapy Productions, Ellen Bailey, Kristian Santic, Byron Coathup, Alicia Min-Harvie, Jonny Haselam, Steph Pokoj, Tammy Zarb and more.