Actions and Detail Panel
Healthy Eating Advisory Service - Healthy eating in long day care training
Tue. 30 May 2017, 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm AEST
A free workshop for long day care coordinators, educators and management.
In this 3 hour workshop, you will learn how to provide foods and drinks that support children's nutritional requirements and their development of healthy eating habits.
The workshop will be facilitated by an Accredited Practising Dietitian or Registered Nutritionist from the Healthy Eating Advisory Service.
All materials will be provided on the day and you will receive a certificate of completion at the end.
- Helping children develop healthy eating habits
- Planning healthy food and drink menus for children in line with the Australian Dietary Guidelines
- Food and drink ideas for long day care
- Dealing with challenges, such as food allergies and budgeting
- Links with the National Quality Standard and with the Achievement Program
- How the Healthy Eating Advisory Service can help you
Who should attend?
This training is suitable for staff working in long day care, long day care coordinators and management.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Parking is available onsite at the Parkdale Secondary College carpark and Family and Children's Centre. Street parking is also available. The 708 bus also stops on the corner of Warren Street.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
There is no need for paper tickets or to print this confirmation email. Your name will be on an attendee list at the training.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Please contact Karen Humphrey on 0409 851 542 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or the Healthy Eating Advisory Service on 1300 225 288 or email email@example.com