Actions and Detail Panel
Harrington Forest Frolic Bushcare Group Launch
Sun. 16 October 2016, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm AEDT
Harrington Forest is a rare and beautiful example of Cumberland Plain Woodland, and the best bit: it’s right on your doorstep!
We are looking for bushcare volunteers (no experience necessary) to help us protect endangered plants and animals by restoring 20 hectares of unique bushland in Harrington Forest.
Harrington Forest is home to an array of wildlife including Wallaroos, Trees Frogs and tiny endangered Microbats. Harrington Forest is also home to the critically endangered Cumberland Plain Woodland and the nationally endangered plant, the native Spiked Rice Flower (Pimelia spicata) which were once common across Western Sydney.
At this year's Harrington Forest Frolic, you'll get a taster for bushcare! The new Harrington Forest Bushcare Group will meet monthly to:
- Undertake weeding and bush regeneration
- Learn about using bush regeneration tools
- Learn about local flora and fauna
- Help us with fauna and insect pollinator surveys
- Find how to get involved in the installation of insect hotels and nest boxes